Recognised by some as the TED Talks of the philatelic world, The Philatelic Traders' Society & Virtual Stampex are excited to offer one lucky individual the opportunity to host a Stampex Talk at Virtual Stampex.
With just one slot left in the schedule, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. In order to have a chance to win, we ask that you fill in the form below.
Things you'll want to think about before applying.
1. Think of a topic. You must be able to talk about this subject for 40 minutes and host a Q&A.
2. All talks are hosted in an online webinar - similar to zoom. This means your computer must have a camera.
3. To apply you must fill out the form below and submit it before the 9th April.
4. The lucky winner will be sent the date and time for a talk slot between 4th -6th May.
5. All talks are recorded and uploaded onto YouTube after the show.
6. The winner will be contacted w/c 10th April.
7. There is only one slot. The PTS MD and PTS Chairman will have the final say in who secures this space. Their decision is final.
8. Runners up may be contacted to conduct a Roundtable discussion at the event on their Talk topic.
This year, Virtual Stampex will be home to a number of Roundtables. In a dedicated room, Roundtables allow up to 16 people to connect via video in a fully integrated space to discuss key areas of interest, debate hot topics and meet in an informal session at the show.
The 5 PTS hosted Roundtables are:
1. LEARN - a Roundtable schedule dedicated to education, including facilitated sessions on topics such as expertising, exhibiting, beginner guides and more.
2. CONNECT - a Roundtable schedule offering visitors a chance to meet key philatelic influencers and experts from around the world, as well as to meet Stampex Talks Auditorium speakers after a Talk.
3. EXPLORE - a Roundtable schedule focussed on the hot topics of the moment such as what philately looks like in 2035, the future of catalogue publishing, digital exhibiting, NFT/crypto stamps
4. SOCIETIES - a place for any philatelic society anywhere in the world to meet for a presentation, AGM or informal get together
5. MEET THE DEALER - any booth holder can book a 30 or 60 minute slot to present to a wider group of collectors together, or ask questions
A full schedule can be found online here and will be finalised by 31st March.
We’re giving UK-based collectors the chance to receive the next issue of the hugely popular magazineStamp Collector in the post for free!
Editor Matt Hill said: “We’re so proud of the magazine and really want you to see it for yourself, so simply complete the form below, making sure you sign up to the free All About Stamps newsletter, and we’ll pop a copy in the post for you when it is published.”
“The May issue of Stamp Collector is packed full of collecting articles, news, tips and price guides. Features include a stamp tour of Germany, Switzerland and Liechtenstein; an in-depth examination of the Papua bi-colour issues of 1907-1911; an interview with Susanna Mills, the editor-in-chief of the American Philatelic Library; and a guide to Tonga’s 1953 definitives. Plus the usual mix of stamp news, new issues, opinion, and market updates.”
How to receive the free magazine
Simply complete the online form, making sure you sign up to the free All About Stamps newsletter, and we’ll pop a copy in the post for you when it is published (you should receive the magazine by 14 April). Please note, this offer is only open to UK residents who sign up to receive the free All About Stamps newsletter. The promotion closing date is 28 March 2023, so claim your copy today!
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.